General Tips - Bathing Solutions
- Bathing your dog is as much about skin and coat care as simply cleaning. Use quality shampoo formulated for your pet's skin and coat needs. The Oster® Rapid Bathing System is a great way to give your dog a deep cleaning bath in as little as 3 minutes!
- For traditional bathing, the Oster™ brand offers a line of Natural Extract Shampoo available in soothing scents like Lavender, Coconut, Pomegranate and Cucumber Lemongrass.
- Bathing requirements will vary depending on breed and lifestyle, but regular bathing is essential to overall skin and coat health.
- Spend time choosing a shampoo formulation that is appropriate for your dog's skin and coat condition. We've got a shampoo for every kind of dog, and a choice of colognes too.
- Place cotton balls in the dog's ears to prevent water from getting inside the ear canal.
- Just like us, dogs prefer warm water to cold when bathing. Just be careful not to use water over 100º Fahrenheit (37,7º C).
- Wash the face, ears, foot pads and sanitary areas by hand using a hypoallergenic shampoo like the Oster™ Hypoallergenic Shampoo and warm water.
- When bathing, always be sure all the shampoo is completely rinsed out in order to avoid drying the skin and coat.
- For best results, always brush your dog following a bath and again when completely dry. A good comb like those in the Oster™ Premium Comb Set should glide through the coat easily.
Product Tips - Bathing Brush
When using the Clean & Healthy Bathing Brush, massage it into your pet's coat with a gentle circular motion. Don't use too much downward pressure, or stay on the same area for an extended period of time, or it might be uncomfortable on their skin.It's perfect for bathing, and you can use it to massage your pet at any time.
Product Tips - Colognes
Oster™ Dog Colognes and Cat Colognes are a great way to help neutralize any unwanted animal odor, and leave them with a lovely fresh scent instead.
- They are alcohol-free and won't irritate their skin, so you can use all over their body.
- They also give an extra sheen to your pet's coat, so it's a good preparation for any special occasion
- Keeping one in your pocket can be handy on long days out for a quick freshen up.
Product Tips - Paw Cleaner
Product Tips - Rapid Bathing System
Our Oster™ Rapid Bathing System has been carefully designed to be easy to use with one hand. It is even easier to get your dog clean in no time.
Got some tough to reach areas?
The Oster™ Rapid Bathing System has a special feature for washing the trickiest areas to reach, namely the legs, underside, paws, and under tail area. Just rotate the specially designed nozzle and get to every spot.
Does your dog have sensitive skin?
If your animal's skin is sensitive and reacts easily to detergents and fragrances, a milder shampoo formula is probably best. Try the Oster™ Oatmeal Soothing Shampoo Cartridge which contains natural extracts of wholewheat to moisturize, relieve itching and give your best friend a healthy and shiny coat.
Product Tips - Waterless Shampoo
Want to prolong the time between baths? If you've not been out of the house much and don't really need a full bath, the Oster® Waterless Foaming Shampoo will keep pet smelling clean until they do.
Our no-rinse shampoo is a the perfect on-the-go solution for washing your pet without a full bath.
Got a pet that doesn't like water? Oster® Waterless Foaming Shampoo lets you give them a thorough wash without any drama. It can also be a better way to bathe older pet with medical conditions who find standing and bathing stressful.